The International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network encourages and supports Jewish anti-Zionist students in self-organizing in support of the Palestinian movement for self-determination. We believe that anti-Zionist Jewish students have a unique role to play as part of this struggle, and in joint struggle, with other organizing on campus against racism, war and militarism, prisons and policing, environmental destruction and pinkwashing.
We can provide: resources for study, powerpoints for workshops and be in touch with individuals as well as groups to think through how an anti-Zionist perspective and work can best support organizing on your campus.
What support can IJAN offer anti-Zionist Jewish students?
Identifying the ways anti-Zionist Jewish students can specifically contribute to the Palestinian movement for self-determination and other movements for justice on and off campuses
Training students to present on the history and role of Zionism and Israel in Palestine, and in the repression of popular movements and communities across time and place
Providing independent study and internship placements related to anti-Zionist Jewish organizing locally, nationally and internationally
What is IJAN?
IJAN is an international network of Jews who are uncompromisingly committed to struggles for human emancipation, of which the liberation of the Palestinian people and land is an indispensable part. Our commitment is to the right of return for Palestinian refugees, the ending of the Israeli colonization of historic Palestine and an end to US economic and military dominance in the region, in which Israel plays a crucial part.
The State of Israel’s historic and ongoing ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people from their land contradicts and betrays the long histories of Jewish participation in our own and collective struggles for liberation. We object to Zionism’s exploitation of histories of Jewish persecution and genocide to justify the colonization of Palestine and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and its debasement of these histories.
- Joint Struggle against Israel’s Worldwide Role in Repression: Exposing the role that Israel plays in the arms trade and the repression industry and building work to confront this.
- Stop the Jewish National Fund: An international campaign to stop the JNF’s role in the on-going colonization of Palestine in partnership with the Palestinian BNC, the Scottish PSC and over 70 groups in the US, UK, Canada, South Africa, Germany, Australia & France.
- Permanent & Unconditional Opening of the Rafah Crossing: Responding to the demand from Gaza on the Egyptian military junta.
- Never Again for Anyone: Challenging the misuse of the Nazi genocide to justify the colonization of Palestine.
- Education and media: publications, events, study groups, workshops, articles, presentations, documentaries
- Movement Building: Bringing anti-Zionist perspectives and organizing to social justice movements from anti-war and labor to work against prisons and policing to indigenous and immigrant rights.