The Stop the JNF Campaign is calling for activists for Palestinian rights to take action between March 30 (Land Day) and April 18 (Tax Day) to amplify efforts targeting the Jewish National Fund for its role in the ongoing displacement of Palestinians from their land.
The JNF enjoys tax-exempt status as a charitable organization in the United States even though the reality of its work- supporting the ongoing Nakba, Israel’s ongoing ethnic cleansing of Palestine- is anything but charitable. On March 30, 2016, the National Lawyers Guild (NLG) submitted a regulatory challenge to the IRS requesting an investigation into the charitable status of the JNF on grounds of discrimination and contravention of U.S. policy.
You can amplify these efforts targeting the charity status of the JNF between March 30-April 18 by taking the following actions!
- Sign the petition to the IRS demanding they revoke the JNF’s tax exempt status.
- Share this graphic about the JNF on your social media networks.
- Arrange a screening of Enduring Roots: Over a Century of Resistance to the JNF. This film chronicles stories of al-Nakba survivors, interviews with their descendants about the case of refugee return, and current and growing resistance to the ongoing colonization of Palestine by JNF. You can find the film here and film packet here.
- Plan a protest at your local JNF office, pass out fliers and collect petition signatures at your post office, or schedule a delegation to your local IRS office to deliver petition signatures and share concerns about the JNF’s tax status. Please contact us here if you are interested in planning a local action.
- Read and share stories by Palestinians impacted by the JNF and testimonials by former donors to the JNF. You can also submit your own experiences.